Testing and commissioning
The reliability and robustness of power equipment relies on the plant being properly tested and ready for service.
Detailed but efficient commissioning and testing can minimise expensive downtime due to planned or unplanned outages, keep your assets performing at their best, and offer you peace of mind that your people, customers and assets are protected from injury, damage or loss.
Our electrical engineers and technicians specialise in installing, commissioning and testing electrical equipment across the power sector. Applying our experience to your new or refurbished assets ensures that the full functional performance of your asset design is realised through comprehensive and appropriate testing.
The close relationship between our commissioning and design teams gives you timely advice on possible remedies to faults and other potential problems.
Our solutions maximise our effectiveness on your project by minimising interfaces and coordination of subcontractors.
PROTECTION, SCADA and Automation TESTING
- commissioning and testing of secondary equipment for power generation, transmission and distribution
- Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing (FAT/SAT) of new panels before installation
- site project management
- NEM metering installation, routine testing and emergency maintenance
- routine and breakdown maintenance testing
- implementation and testing of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN).
- implementation and testing of engineering access networks using multiple media
- providing operator/engineers training in system implementation
- site project management.
HIGH VOLTAGE Equipment TESTING
We offer commissioning and high voltage routine condition monitoring of HV primary plant, power generation, high voltage cables and earthing systems, for voltage levels up to 220 kV. Our specialised onsite tests include:
- generator and HV motor Corona tests
- power transformer dielectric response analysis (DIRANA)
- dielectric loss angle testing (DLA or Tan Delta)
- short-circuit impedance testing
- circuit breaker timing testing
- frequency response analysis
- temperature sensor calibrations
- thermal imaging
- power quality monitoring
- electric and magnetic field modelling and survey.
Entura is NATA accredited for polyphase induction metering, voltage and current transformer calibration up to 220 kV. Our calibration and test services laboratory provides expert engineering services in the areas of:
- electricity meter calibration, up to 500 V, 100A single and three phases
- metering current transformers accuracy test at 50 Hz, with rated primary current up to 4000A
- metering voltage transformers accuracy test with rated primary voltages up to 220 kV.
Our test and calibration reports meet all industry standards and regulations and all traceability requirements. We guarantee that the test and reported results comply with AS17025 and other relevant Australian Standards. We also have a proven ability to respond to special customer requirements including the following:
- commissioning and auditing performance testing of high voltage earthing systems
- soil electrical resistivity testing
Our Electrical Contractors License number is TAS- 1052448.