Well-designed substations maintain reliable electricity supply and keep you and your customers connected and safe.
We understand that substation design must deliver plant that our clients can operate with a high degree of reliability, using their standards and conforming to their norms. But maintaining efficient and reliable supply isn’t the only consideration. Electricity carries inherent risks – such as earthing dangers and arc flash hazards – and it is vital that you can be confident that your people and your customers are safe.
From 500kV transmission substations to low-voltage remote area power generation and distribution systems, we can provide complete power design services to both greenfield and brownfield projects.
We understand that good communication across all design disciplines is paramount when designing or upgrading electrical infrastructure. Our teams collaborate to deliver innovative solutions including:
- project scoping
- electrical engineering design, specification, auditing and asset owner support for high-voltage substations
- civil engineering design for substations, transmission line towers and gantry structures, roads, foundations, footings and other site infrastructure and earthworks
- transmission and distribution overhead line and optical fibre ground wire OPGW design
- high voltage installation certification
- earthing design, inspections and audits
- safety in design hazard identification, assessment, communication and reporting
- survey, GIS, geotechnical and hydrological studies
- fault level studies and protection settings report
- development of configuration files including use of IEC61850
- development of digital substations
- secondary protection and control design, development and automation including system modelling and analysis of protection systems operations and performance
- implementation strategies, migration paths and training for compliance with international protection standard IEC 61850
- augmentation, documentation and testing of existing IEC 61850 protection, SCADA and Ethernet network schemes
- owner’s engineer services including reviews of third-party design.