The need for dam upgrades is increasing around the world, as assets age, as dam operation and water usage change, and as new developments emerge in design standards, risk identification, and environmental requirements.
Entura combines its expertise in all areas of engineering to improve the safety and reliability of the structural, mechanical and electrical components of existing dam developments. These improvements increase the performance and the life of the asset, as well as decreasing risks such as dam failure.
As part of Hydro Tasmania, in recent years we have undertaken the investigation, preliminary and detailed design and construction support for major upgrades to a number of its dams. We have also contributed our experience to successfully upgrade dams for many other clients across Australia and around the world to ensure the safety of their dams.
Our services include:
- project management throughout all phases of the dam upgrade works
- dam safety assessments, including dam risk assessments
- site investigation programs
- option studies and project optimisation
- approvals with the dam safety regulator and other regulatory bodies
- detailed design, technical specifications and contract documentation
- construction supervision, support and owner’s engineer role
- dam safety emergency plan for the construction phase.