Strategy and risk
Engaging a broad range of stakeholders in meaningful discussion is challenging, but essential for successful projects and outcomes.
Building awareness, understanding and support for a new infrastructure project is a critical element of the successful development, implementation and ongoing operation. Gaining a social licence to operate from the community can be an uncertain process and can easily get off track.
At Entura, we work with clients to offer expert, practical advice on effective community and stakeholder engagement during all stages of power and water infrastructure projects, helping our clients understand and manage the impact of their activities on stakeholders and the community.
Entura has assisted a number of clients with their community and stakeholder engagement needs, enabling mutual understanding of proposed programs or projects and their anticipated effects. This has led to improved social and environmental outcomes and, therefore, higher levels of support for the projects.
Community engagement can benefit your business by:
- reducing project risks through early identification and management of potential reactions, issues and conflicts
- improving project outcomes by investigating potential benefits and generating new ideas
- enhancing reputation, and managing reputational risks
- developing long-term constructive relationships with your stakeholders.
Our services include:
- consultation strategy development and advice
- developing and delivering community consultation programs
- behavioural change programs and evaluation
- partnership facilitation (community/business/government)
- social impact assessment
- social planning
- quantitative and qualitative social research
- communications support
- capability building.